When you join Xtek, you will…
- begin a career, not just another job
- create and make things
- be an essential part of a US manufacturer that never closed during the COVID-19 pandemic
- become an employee-owner
Xtek is a highly respected, 110-year-old employee-owned provider of mechanical power transmission and material handling equipment for customers around the world. Xtek designs, manufactures and services products that keep the metals, energy and minerals industries in motion.
Xtek offers very competitive compensation, opportunities for training, advancement and a fringe benefit package that begins on your first day of employment. Some of these benefits include:
- medical & dental insurance
- life insurance
- paid vacation
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 401k savings plan
- Employee stock ownership program
Xtek is currently hiring and the following positions are available at our Cincinnati headquarters.
Xtek is seeking additional personnel for our growing Field Service business. Ideal candidates will have experience with maintaining and servicing heavy industrial equipment. A background as a millwright, field machinist or welder is a definite plus. The position includes:
- installing, repairing, removing gearboxes, industrial drive trains and processing lines
- travel to US-based customer sites (30-50% travel)
- when traveling, paid per diems plus hourly travel premiums for all regular and overtime work.
- for non-travel periods, work and train at our Cincinnati facility as part of the regular Service and Maintenance groups
Xtek has multiple opportunities for machinists at our Cincinnati facility. Experience is a plus with very competitive compensation for individuals with demonstrated skills. We also provide a robust training program for our entry-level positions. Xtek has a long history of developing non-machinists who have the desire and ability to learn. Our factory has a wide range of equipment from manual lathes to the most sophisticated digital machining centers.
Available opportunities include:
- vertical, horizontal turning & grinding
- gear tooth cutting & grinding
- final assembly & run test
Xtek was established in 1909, and since that time we’ve built our reputation on improving the metallurgical properties of steel and providing high quality custom machined heat-treated parts and component assemblies for heavy-duty industrial applications. We provide engineering and metallurgical expertise, combined with state-of-the-art machining capabilities, to solve the toughest power transmission and material handling problems faced by our customers in steel mills, aluminum mills, mineral processing, power generation, pulp & paper, and other industries throughout the world. Xtek Inc. is a mid-sized engineering, manufacturing, and fabrication company with many locations around the world.
The Engineering co-op will support members of the Production Engineering Department. Highly motivated individuals with good communication skills and working knowledge of Microsoft applications are preferred. Ideal candidates will possess a strong background in CAD systems, have experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and/or Product Lifestyle Management (PLM) systems. The position is intended to be a co-operative learning experience, alternating semesters of work with school allowing them to utilize and apply the principles of engineering, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills in a real-world environment. In addition, as Xtek is both an engineering firm and an on-site manufacturing facility, invaluable knowledge can be obtained as the co-op can follow a component or assembly from the virtual world of design software to the final machined product sitting on the shop floor ready to be shipped.
The following duties are typical of the position but are not limited to:
- Perform assigned tasks under supervision of a Department Manager or Senior Level Engineers.
- Learn and use department standards, methods, and procedures respective to field of study.
- Use provided hand sketches, 2D drawings, or 3D files, to recreate or revise manufacturing drawings using SolidWorks.
- Create, review and manage shop drawings and bills of materials (BOM) utilizing the Product Data Management (PDM) sub system of the PLM system. Learn how to check order status and inventory counts of these same products utilizing an ERP system.
- Must be actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering Technology or related field.
- Strong ability to multi-task with assignments from engineers and a desire for a hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Competency with 2D & 3D modeling software (SolidWorks, AutoCad, or equivalent) and the MS Office suite (Outlook, Excel).
- Preferred experience with SolidWorks.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA.