When you join Xtek, you will…
- begin a career, not just another job
- create and make things
- be an essential part of a US manufacturer that never closed during the COVID-19 pandemic
- become an employee-owner
Xtek is a highly respected, 110-year-old employee-owned provider of mechanical power transmission and material handling equipment for customers around the world. Xtek designs, manufactures and services products that keep the metals, energy and minerals industries in motion.
Xtek offers very competitive compensation, opportunities for training, advancement and a fringe benefit package that begins on your first day of employment. Some of these benefits include:
- medical & dental insurance
- life insurance
- paid vacation
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 401k savings plan
- Employee stock ownership program
Xtek is currently hiring and the following positions are available at our Cincinnati headquarters.
Xtek has multiple opportunities for machinists at our Cincinnati facility. Experience is a plus with very competitive compensation for individuals with demonstrated skills. We also provide a robust training program for our entry-level positions. Xtek has a long history of developing non-machinists who have the desire and ability to learn. Our factory has a wide range of equipment from manual lathes to the most sophisticated digital machining centers.
Available opportunities include:
- vertical, horizontal turning & grinding
- gear tooth cutting & grinding
- final assembly & run test
Xtek is seeking additional personnel for our growing Field Service business. Ideal candidates will have experience with maintaining and servicing heavy industrial equipment. A background as a millwright, field machinist or welder is a definite plus. The position includes:
- installing, repairing, removing gearboxes, industrial drive trains and processing lines
- travel to US-based customer sites (30-50% travel)
- when traveling, paid per diems plus hourly travel premiums for all regular and overtime work.
- for non-travel periods, work and train at our Cincinnati facility as part of the regular Service and Maintenance groups
We have an immediate opening in our Service Engineering Department.
- Provide detailed technical reports on analysis & disposition of reconditioned products.
- Develop work scopes and repair methods
- Recommend design improvements and upgrades
- Reverse engineer customer-supplied industrial equipment
- Act as the primary technical liaison for service applications. This includes not only communicating remotely via technical reports, e-mail, video conferencing, but also customer visits for onsite inspections and installations.
- Collaborate with design engineering and shop personnel to ensure end product conforms to specifications.
- Assist in resolving manufacturing and quality issues.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
Best qualified candidates:
- Strong mechanical aptitude / problem solving skills
- Experience in engineering design, drafting, technical report writing
- Knowledgeable in basic manufacturing and repair processes
- Communicates well and works effectively within team
- Solid skills in MS Office and other PC software
- Working knowledge of CAD programs (AutoCad & Solidworks)
- Able to manage multiple projects / assignments
- Able to travel domestically and internationally (5-10%) to customer sites